First Lutheran Church in Mount Vernon, Washington is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), which was formed in 1988.
This Christian congregation was first formed in 1908. Our original building was on Second Street near downtown Mount Vernon.
Groundbreaking for the present structure took place in June of 1972. Construction began in August of that year, and the first service in the new church was held May 6th, 1973. Our preschool served the community for over thirty years.